Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Taps being played for Sweet Pigeon.

On Sunday, I heard something hit the glass door hard in our sunroom and noticed the cat being jumpy while glancing out the door. I went outside and noticed a poor pigeon who had run straight into the glass door! It was laying on its back...Guy's conclusion: its neck was broken. I picked it up...it was still alive and blood was coming out of its beak. I thought it would be okay, (this was before I knew it's neck might be broken) so I gently cradled it and took it inside and placed it on a towel that was in the garage. I then placed a plastic box over it with lots of holes to allow it to breathe. I went inside to get something (I don't know what) and upon returning -- which took me less than 5 minutes -- I found the poor bird had expired. I felt so bad. I dug a hole in the back yard and buried it there and then placed some protection over the "grave" so that nothing could dig it up (as in neighbor's cats!) I felt such sadness.

2 comments:

Pica said...

Poor lil pigeon.

Pica said...

That is so sweet that you gave the pigeon a grave.