Monday, February 02, 2009

Maria Munguia - We love you!






My mother, Mary passed away very unexpectedly. She was 86 years old.

It seems she had a heart attack on Sunday night (2-1-09), around 10 p.m. and was rushed to the hospital. She never regained consciousness and the doctor suggested we remove her from life support. My brother and I were on the phone while this decision was being made, along with my other older brother and my sister. She passed away at 12:20 a.m.

As my brother talked to me over the phone, I asked him to whisper in her ear that I loved her, which he did.

I got to talk to her on Friday, Jan. 30, as I was driving home from work. We chit-chatted, she was in great spirits and before we hung up -- as she always did -- she said, "I love you Momma, God bless you." And she repeated it again.

2 comments:

MasterGunner said...

I really miss Gramma Mary, and I was bummed out. Then I thought about the fact that Grampa Charlie was waiting for her, and they are finally reunited.

Meli said...

I know. And you know what else? She's finally getting to sit down and love on her other daughter who died, Maria Elena, I believe. She was a stillborn baby.