Friday, February 08, 2008

Mitzcli's Recent happening!

Word to the wise, thank God for tomato sauce!!! And the fact that I had bought those little suckers and happened to have them.

I had gotten up because the Mitzcli woke me up. As I groggly walked towards the living room to let him out, I noticed the front door wide open; a siloutte of a pretty dark cat in front of the door...just staring at the open door. Dog heads straight for door, probably thinking: "Oooh, what's out there?" I yell, "Stop!" He does. Cat skeedaddles in opposite direction. I shut and lock door. Climb back in bad (and quite forgetting why I had originally gotten up in the first place!) telling Guy, "You forgot to lock the door." Dog immediately jumps off bed...again. Wants out. Okay by me; I'm awake anyway! Open door, see him immediately (yes, this all happens immediately!; not in slow motion.) growls at something just to the right of the door, which I always close becuase the cat will want to wander out, too. Oh, my! He's seen a cat in our back yard and has it surrounded...but the poor cat is not "skeedaddling." (I love that word) I open door and yell, "No, Mitzcli, stop!" and notice that this beautiful, sleek, black "cat" also has a cute little black and white striped tail! (think: Pepi LaPew) Of course, my dashing, tough, I-will-save-you Mommy cutie is yes, immediately, sprayed. He skeedaddles away from the cutie-pie: I yell "Guy! Mitzcli has a skunk cornered!" Poor Guy is brought back to life from a very deep sleep! I open door, tell Mitzcli to come in; he runs in (and here I will add, not smelling too pretty :) ) IMMEDIATELY runs to the couch and starts rubbing around on the couch and my sweater! I yell no! He runs into bedroom (could this possibly get any funnier?) and begins to roll around the bed -- my side! Guy yells, "what do we do?" I say, "wait a minute...tomato soup" but then I wanted to bash my brains in. I didn't want to use my coveted La Madeleine tomato soup (put your own choice Spanish words here!) then I remembered: tomato sauce is almost the same thing! Guy cannot believe he is hearing this: keeps asking me, "are you sure?" I say yes, I am sure. We open can...(after I tell him what do we have to lose?) he starts (to the tune of New York, New York!) spreading the goo...rinses him off, sprays a little (and let me warn you now folks, do not try this at home!) Euphoria (Patricia, you know what this is! :) and man, does he smell semi-good. I will never wear Euphoria again.
All's well that ends well! Mitzcli then crawled in right next to me and stayed there the whole night. Needless to say, I slept very little...I even thought about getting up to write this or visiting The Hobbit on PS2 and starting from the very beginning. Well, that's it folks. I just had to share the good times Guy and I have here in Missouri City,,,where the dogs are dogs and the skunks come right up to your house and look in. I really think that skunk must have seen Astro (the cat) looking out the window beckening it towards the house. It could happen! Have a wonderful Monday...I know I will!

1 comment:

Pica said...

your poor dog!!